Paper Blossom Bunny
This charming paper bunny comes bearing springtime blooms and plenty of Easter cheer. Use STYROFOAM™ Brand foam as a base for nearly any type of paper-craft project!
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Block, 18" x 4" x 4"
- Cube, 5"
- White embossed scrapbooking paper, four 12" x 12" sheets
- Card stock or heavyweight paper, solids or
- subtle patterns: orange; green; pearl white;
- pearl pink; pink; blue; black; assorted pastels
- Pink pom pom, 1"
- Blue wiggle eyes, 1/2", two
- Ribbon, 3/8" x 8" length
- Craft punches: 1/4"and 1/2" circles; various flowers
- 1. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin; cut 4"cube from foam block. Set aside remainder of foam block forfuture project.
- 2. Cut the following strips from white embossed paper to coverfoam cubes: one 4-1/2" x 12"; one 4-1/2" x 6"; two 5-1/2" x12". In addition, cut one 4" square and one 5" square fromwhite embossed paper; set aside.
- 3. Overlap two short ends of 4-1/2"-wide strips 1/2" to createone 4-1/2" x 17-1/2" strip; glue overlapped ends to secure.Repeat with 5-1/2" wide strips, creating one 5-1/2" x 23-1/2"strip; glue ends to secure.
- 4. Wrap appropriate paper strip around four sides of eachfoam cube, allowing paper to extend 1/2" above top edge ofcube; do not glue yet. Use fingers to crimp paper at cubecorners; remove paper and crisply fold at crimp marks. Scoreand fold a line 1/2" from top edge of strip, as well.
- 5. Glue paper strip around cube sides, overlapping ends. Holdpaper in place with hands or large rubber bands until gluedries. Clip paper corners above foam and fold excess down totop of each cube; glue to secure. Glue paper squares to topsof cubes. Use glue gun to glue cubes together as shown.
- 6. Cut patterns from papers as indicated.
- 7. Cut slit along bottom edge of each rabbit leg as indicatedon pattern. Gently pull two sides of slit together so paperoverlaps, making paper cup slightly; glue to secure. Glue legsto sides of body.
- 8. To curl arms slightly, gently pull paper over side ofpencil. Glue arms to sides of body as shown.
- 9. Glue ear linings to ears; glue bottom corners of earstogether to make them cup. Make gentle fold across horizontalcenter of each ear and curl over pencil so ears have shape.Glue ears to sides of head
- 10. For tail, cut 1-1/4" x 6" strip from white pearl paper;cut fringe every 1/8". Roll paper strip tightly and glue endto secure. Flare fringe out and down to create "cotton tail."Glue tail to back of rabbit.
- 11. Refer to photo to glue wiggle eyes and pom pom nose toface. For cheeks, punch two 1/2" circles from pink paper; glue to face.
- 12. Cut six 1/8" x 2-1/2" strips from blue paper for whiskers;glue to face as shown. Cut small smile from black paper andglue to face; cut narrow strip from black paper to connectmouth and nose. Cut eyelash fringe from black paper, ifdesired; glue just above eyes.
- 13. Tie ribbon into bow with tails and glue to bunny's neck.
- 14. Punch flowers of various sizes from assorted pastelpapers. Punch 1/4" holes from contrasting papers for flowercenters. Glue centers to flowers. Use yellow-head pins dippedin glue to attach flowers to neck and base of one ear as shown.
- 15. For carrot leaves, cut 2" x 5" strip from green paper; cutfringe every 1/8". Glue bit of green fringe to top back ofeach carrot. Separate and crimp some fringe to add dimension.Glue carrots under arm as shown.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Easter ParadeHair-Raising LambEaster's Artist
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog