Sleep Tight, Bitsy Bunny
Teeny-tiny bunny tuckered out after a long day scouting the garden for goodies dreams of a prize carrot.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- 9" x 4" cone
- Balls: 1-1/2", one; 1", two
- Eggs: 2-1/2" x 1-7/8" and 1-15/16" x 1-1/2", one each
- Pom poms: 3/4" white, two; 1/4" pink, one
- Green chenille stem, one
- Felt: mango tango or orange, 15" x 15"; apple green, two
- 9" x 12" sheets; white plush, 8" x 21"
- 1" ombre sheer ribbon, 1/2 yd.
- Black embroidery floss
- 1. Wax serrated knife blade with old candle. Cut one 1" ball in half for front paws.Cut smaller egg in half lengthwise for back feet. Cut a thin lengthwise slice fromlarger egg to flatten one side of body. Press 1-1/2" ball (head) and remaining 1"ball (tail) on a flat surface to slightly flatten one side.
- 2. Using patterns, cut out felt pieces as indicated. From white plush felt, usea compass to cut following circles: one 4" for head, one 3" for tail, and two 2" for front paws.
- 3. Center foam pieces for front paws, back feet, head, body, and tail flat sideup on wrong side of corresponding plush felt piece. Wrap felt around foam ontoflat side and pin at top, bottom, and center of each side. Adjust excess feltbetween pins, smoothing folds; glue felt in place. Remove pins. Trim excessfelt as necessary.
- 4. Cover foam cone with felt, overlapping long edges; glue. Fold over excessfelt at wide end of cone and glue to foam. Glue opposite end in a point.
- 5. Cut chenille stem in three equal lengths. Pair and glue felt leaves,sandwiching a chenille stem in between where indicated on pattern. Gather togetherand glue ends to center top of carrot. Bend and shape leaves as desired.
- 6. Glue white pom poms side by side to front of bunny's head forcheeks; glue pink pom pom at center top for nose.
- 7. Use two strands of black embroidery floss to work horizontal straight stitchesfor bunny's eyes. Insert needle through back of head to front and take a tinystitch above one cheek. Return needle to back of head. Repeat to stitch secondeye above opposite cheek. Knot ends of floss together and trim.
- 8. With your fingers, gather base of each ear and glue to top of head. Positionears approximately 3/4" apart with ends extending outward.
- 9. Using photo as a guide, glue bunny to carrot in the following order: body,head, front paws, back feet, and tail.
- 10. Tie ribbon in a small bow and glue to bunny's neck.
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog