Romantic Floral Cone
Bring beauty and elegance to wedding receptions and other special events with this unique chair decoration. Hang cones from railings and candelabra too.
Completion Time -
Diane D. Flowers
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Ivory/pink artificial roses with leaves, 10 stems
- Reindeer moss: light green, 1/2 bag; dark green, 1/4 bag
- Pink artificial butterfly
- Ivory wire-edged organza ribbon, 2-1/2" x 7/8 yd.
- Silver craft wire, 20-gauge
- Floral pick or wooden skewer
- Floral pins, two
- Green floral tape
- 1. Glue clusters of light and dark moss to foam cone,completely covering surface.
- 2. Using photo as guide, group roses and leaves on worksurface in pleasing arrangement. Roses should face forward andform slight arch. Use wire cutters to trim stems to fit withincone. Insert stems into cone base; fill in bare spots with leaves.
- 3. Cut 24" length from wire. Loosely wrap wire around fingersto create interesting shape, leaving 2" straight tail at oneend. Wrap straight wire end around floral pick; wrap togetherwith floral tape.
- 4. Glue butterfly to free wire end; let dry. Insert pick intocone so butterfly appears to fly above roses.
- 5. Cut inverted "v" into each ribbon end. Center ribbon overcone front, then wrap to back. Overlap ribbon ends at back,then wrap to front. Secure ribbon to cone back with floralpin. Overlap ribbon ends at front, forming "x" just abovefirst ribbon. Secure "x" with floral pin. Glue small pieces ofmoss to cone to hide floral pins.
- 6. To tie cone to chair back, loop ribbon ends through openingclose to top of chair with one hand, while holding cone closeto chair with other hand. Shorten and pull ribbon loops tosecure; be sure cone hangs freely. Tie bow at top of chair.
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog