Love in Bloom Wreath
Set a playful romantic mood with this pretty wall hanging. Start with a foam wreath then add floral and wire details. It's so easy!
Completion Time -
Diane D. Flowers
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Wreath, open heart, 12" x 1-1/2"
- Ivory mini rose clusters with leaves, three to five stems
- Reindeer moss, one bag each: light green; dark green
- Yellow artificial butterfly
- Sheer metallic ivory wire-edged ribbon, 1/2" x 1 yd.
- Wire: green floral; copper, 16-gauge, one spool
- Floral pins, 10
- 1. Cut 4" length from copper wire. Use pliers to bend wireinto a hook. Glue one end of hook into top center back of foamwreath; secure with two floral pins.
- 2. Bend small loop into end of spooled wire. Continue turningpliers in direction of loop to form 2"-diameter wire spiral.Leaving 2" straight wire tail, cut spiral from spool. Gluetail into bottom point of heart; secure with two floral pins.
- 3. Glue clusters of light and dark moss to wreath, completelycovering surface and floral pins.
- 4. Bend small loop into end of spooled wire. Unwindapproximately three feet from spool, but do not cut until allletters are formed. Using photo as guide, bend 8"-tall script"L" into wire. Finish bottom loop by wrapping over center.Form remaining letters as shown. Leaving 2" straight wiretail, cut word from spool. Bend small loop into wire tail.
- 5. Center word on heart. Secure "L" and "e" with two floralpins each. Glue small pieces of moss to wreath to hide floral pins.
- 6. Use wire cutters to trim rose and leaf stems. Insert stemsinto wreath as shown.
- 7. Cut six 4" lengths from ribbon and floral wire. Use wire towrap ends of each ribbon length together, forming loops. Gluewire ends into wreath around rose clusters.
- 8. Cut 18" length from copper wire. Loosely wrap wire aroundfingers to create interesting shape, leaving 2" straight tailat one end. Glue and insert straight end into top left side ofheart, between roses. Glue butterfly to free wire end; letdry. Position butterfly so it appears to fly above roses.
- 9. Bend small loop into end of spooled wire. Continue turningpliers to form 2"-diameter wire spiral. Leaving 4" straightwire tail, cut wire spiral from spool. Bend small loop in endof wire tail, curling in opposite direction from first spiral.Continue turning to form second spiral. Finished shape willlook like a spiraled "S." Repeat to form a second double spiral.
- 10. Attach one double spiral to single spiral at bottom ofheart. Outer loop at top of double spiral should rest insidecenter of single spiral.
- 11. Use hook at back of heart to wire second double spiral towreath. Wrap hook around center of double spiral so spiral ishorizontal and loops show above top of heart. Wire loopsshould lay flat against back of heart. Glue loops to heart;secure with two floral pins.
- 12. For extra support and to avoid bending wire, tie ends ofremaining ribbon length to top loops of spiral at top ofheart. Hang wreath by ribbon.
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog