Wedding Cake Package Topper
Tie this pretty faux-dessert topper onto special shower gifts or use as unique reception place card favors. Create a larger version to adorn the gift table.
Completion Time -
30 minutes to 1 hour
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Discs, two each: 4" x 1"; 3" x 1"
- Sheet, 36" x 12" x 2"
- Metallic silver paint pen
- Paper, 12" x 12": blue toile-print; white card stock
- Small metal note clip
- Lace trim: white daisy, 1 yd.; ivory pearl, 1-1/2 yds.
- Ivory satin ribbon flowers with leaves, three
- Dimensional paints: white puff-finish;
- iridescent white pearl-finish
- Trims of choice: ribbon, silk, or porcelain flowers;
- satin ribbon; lace; pearls; pearl string
- Craft foam, 9" x 12" sheets, one each: white; pink,
- or color of choice
- Metallic poster board, gold or silver
- Round metal cookie cutters, 1" thick: 2"; 3"; 4"; 5"
- OR Serrated knife
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Compass, or round household items of appropriate diameter
- (see instructions)
- 1. Stack and glue 4" foam discs together; repeat for 3" discs.Do not glue stacks together yet.
- 2. Trace discs onto toile paper, 3" disc once and 4" disctwice; use scallop-edge scissors to cut out circles justbeyond traced lines. Glue 3" circle to top and 4" circles totop and bottom of appropriate discs.
- 3. Cut two 2" x 12" strips from toile paper; wrap and gluestrips around disc edges, piecing as needed to cover foam andallowing ends to overlap.
- 4. Refer to photo to wrap and glue trims around cake tiers.Glue flowers to top of cake.
- 5. Use paint pen to paint note clip; let dry. Handwrite, oruse computer to print, recipient's name onto card stock. Trimname into decorative shape as shown; insert into note clip.Glue note clip to top of cake.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Bridal Handbag Centerpiece PairBridal Gown OrnamentGlitzy Package Wreath
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog