Vintage Fabric Ornament
The elegant appearance of these ornaments belies the ease of assembly. The look? Undeniably rich. The cost? Anything but!
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Fabrics, 45" wide, 1/6 yd. each (Note: One, two, or
- four different fabrics may be used.)
- Embellishments of choice: decorative trims; ribbon; beads
- Anti-fray solution
- 1. Place rubber bands around foam ball, dividing ball intofour equal vertical sections. Mark sections with sharp pencil;remove bands. Use putty knife to make slight indentationsalong pencil lines.
- 2. Trace pattern as indicated onto wrong side of fabrics.
- 3. Center and pin fabric sections to ball. Use plastic foamglue to spot glue fabric to ball. Smooth fabric with fingers;remove pins. Use putty knife to push excess fabric into seamindentations; trim excess as needed.
- 4. Following manufacturer's instructions, apply anti-fraysolution to ends of ribbon and trims. Using photo as guide andfabric glue, glue trim/ribbon to ball, covering seams between sections.
- 5. Cut 8" length from trim or ribbon. Glue ends together,forming hanging loop. Glue to center top of ball. Wrap andglue additional trim around top of ball to cover raw fabric edges.
- 6. To add beads to ornament, dip end of sequin pin into fabricglue. Insert pin into bead, then push into ornament.
- 7. If desired, tie ribbon bow and glue to top of ornament, near hanging loop.
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog