Pumpkin Block Tower
It's three times the fun this Halloween with just a few supplies and STYROFOAMâ„¢* Brand foam. Show off your favorite orange scrapbook papers too!
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Cubes, one each: 5"; 4"; 3"
- Acrylic paints: dark orange; yellow; white; black
- Papers: orange print, four 12" x 12" sheets
- (5" cube requires two sheets); green card stock
- Small stick
- Floral pins
- 1. Trace each foam cube twice onto desired patterned paper,using one pattern per cube. Cut out squares 1/2" beyond traced lines.
- 2. Center and glue squares to top and bottom of each cube.Clip corners diagonally, almost to foam. Fold and glue excesspaper to cube sides. Secure paper with floral pins until dry. Remove pins.
- 3. Cut following strips from appropriate papers: 3" x 12"; 4"x 16"; 5" x 20". Note: Piece and glue strips as needed to fit around cube sides.
- 4. Score paper every 3", 4" or 5" depending on size. Gluestrips to cubes, aligning scored lines with cube corners andplacing seams at back or sides. Secure paper with floral pinsuntil dry. Remove pins. Glue pumpkins together as shown.
- 5. Poke small hole in center top of smallest pumpkin. Cut twosmall leaves from card stock and curl over table edge. Glueleaf ends into hole. Glue small stick into hole for stem.
- 6. Cut large leaves from card stock and glue to tower as desired.
- 7. Transfer face patterns provided or create your own. Paintfeatures black and yellow as shown. Highlight eyes with white.Dry brush cheeks with dark orange. Let dry. Note: For bettercontrol, use opaque markers to decorate pumpkins.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Eerie, Cheery Ghostly TrioDancing Pumpkin TrioPumpkin Totem Pole
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog