Mod Tree Ornament
Santa might sneak these fun-and-funky little tannenbaums right off the tree this year so watch out! A foam cone some felt and lots of style. Ooh-la-la!
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Brown acrylic paint
- Felt, colors of choice or: bright lime green;
- turquoise; red; white
- Bright pink pom poms, 3/8"
- Ribbon of choice, 1/4" x 1/6 yd.
- Wooden dowel, 7/16"
- 1. Use craft knife to cut 2" length from dowel for tree trunk.Paint trunk brown; let dry.
- 2. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Cut 1"-thick slicefrom bottom of foam cone. Discard slice.
- 3. Cut patterns from felt as indicated. Glue felt circle tocone base; be sure to make hole in felt for trunk. Glueremaining felt around cone, overlapping edges. Let dry.
- 4. Glue and twist trunk into hole in base of tree. Let dry.
- 5. For garland, cut several 3/8"-wide strips from felt. Tracequarter and nickel onto felt for ornaments; cut out. Refer tophoto to glue garland, dots and pom poms to tree.
- 6. Knot ribbon ends. Glue knot to top of tree for hanging loop.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Luxurious Velvet OrnamentsVintage Fabric OrnamentMolded Christmas Ornament
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog