Tropical Orchid Cone
An elegant handful of orchids adds an exotic flourish to everyday décor and is simply lovely for a wedding or other special occasion.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Green hydrangea leaves, 20 or more
- Light green orchids, 13
- Wired root vine, 9 ft.
- Green reindeer moss, one bag
- Florist pins
- 1. Starting at the bottom and overlapping the leaves, coverthe cone of STYROFOAM™ brand foam with the hydrangea leaves.Use craft stick to flatten the leaves against the cone (do notlet your fingers touch the hot glue). Or, roll theleaf-covered cone on a flat surface to firmly adhere leaves to cone.
- 2. Glue reindeer moss to the large end of the cone and fillany gaps between the edges of the cone and leaves. Glue a verysmall piece of reindeer moss on the small end of the conebetween the leaf ends.
- 3. Trim the stems of the orchids to approximately 2" andinsert them into the large end of the cone. Determine thefront and back of the cone, and position orchids in a pleasingarrangement. To secure stems, remove each one, apply glue toend of stem, and reinsert into cone.
- 4. Loosely wrap one end of the wired root vine around thebottom small end of the cone; continue wrapping vine snuglyaround cone. Use a florist pin to secure the root to one side,close to the top edge of the cone.
- 5. Form excess vine into a loop hanger and secure end to theother side of the cone with a florist pin.
- 6. Repeat, creating a second larger loop, by wrapping theroot back over the first hanger and securing to the oppositeside of the cone.
- 7. Wrap some of the root tendrils around each other andadjust both hangers to allow the cone to hang straight and even.
- 8. Cover any exposed florist pins using small pieces of reindeer moss.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Romantic Floral ConeSpring Fling Wall BouquetLove in Bloom Wreath
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog