Ooh-la-la Floral Purses
Pay a visit to French flower markets without leaving home. These pretty floral-laden vintage-appeal 'purses' were inspired by bygone days of romance and style. Ooh-la-la!
Completion Time -
Diane D. Flowers
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Sheet, 36" x 12" x 2" OR Blocks, one each: 18" x 12" x 2";
- 12" x 10" x 2"
- Garden-themed scrapbook paper
- Florals with leaves: pink mini ranunculus, 28; yellow mini roses, 28;
- purple hydrangea, three clusters; small pink filler flowers, seven;
- dark green reindeer moss, one bag
- Brown paper-covered wire
- 1. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Measureand mark three 7" x 8" rectangles on foam sheet or blocks; cut out.
- 2.For each purse, cut three 18" wire lengths; twist togetherto form rounded handle. Apply hot glue to handle ends andinsert into top 7" edge of each foam piece.
- 3. Choose paper pattern to coordinate with flowers for eachpurse. Measure and cut following for each purse: two 6" x 7"pieces (front/back); one 1-3/4" x 6-3/4" strip (bottom).Center and glue paper pieces to corresponding foam areas.
- 4. Use glue gun to glue small clumps of moss to exposed foamat sides, top and bottom of purse, as well as around paperedges. Use scissors to trim excess moss as desired.
- 5. Remove eight flower heads from stems and glue to top ofeach purse handle. Trim stems of remaining flowers and glueinto top of purse. Glue small clumps of moss to any exposedstems or glue.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Rustic Tussy Mussy TrioStamped Clay Hearts
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog