Bridal Handbag Centerpiece Pair
Fashion meets function for your next floral-inspired event -- bridal shower Mother's Day brunch or best friend's surprise birthday party. Now if only there were matching shoes!
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Tissue paper, one sheet each: lavender/cream wedding-themed;
- white; silver
- Artificial florals: cream roses, six; rosemary stems, eight
- Ribbon, 2 yds. each: 1/2" lavender; 3/4" white; 1/8" metallic silver
- Clear/silver crystal bead garland, 2-5/6 yds.
- Silver craft wire, 20-gauge x 1 yd.
- Floral pins
- 1. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Cut foamdisc in half. Rub cut edges together to smooth rough surfaces.
- 2. Tear tissue paper sheets into uneven 4"-6" pieces. Mix onepart white glue with two parts water in small bowl, fillingbowl about halfway; stir with spoon. If desired, put on rubber gloves.
- 3. Dip white tissue pieces one at a time into water/gluemixture and smooth onto sides and edges of first foam dischalf, allowing pieces to overlap. Repeat with silver tissue onsecond foam disc half.
- 4.Dip wedding-themed tissue pieces into mixture and smoothonto sides and edges of both foam pieces. Place disc halves onwaxed paper to dry overnight; if desired, speed drying with hair dryer.
- 5.Cut two 17" lengths from wire and four 20" lengths frombead garland. Carefully tie or glue cut garland ends together.Wrap two garland pieces around each wire length and shape intohandle. Use glue gun to glue handle ends into top of eachhandbag as shown.
- 6.Cut four 17" lengths from each ribbon color. Tie onelength around bottom of each handle on both bags. Trim ribbonends in a "v."
- 7. Trim rose stems with floral shears. Use glue gun toattach three roses to center top of each bag under handle.
- 8.Cut four 3" and two 5" pieces lengths from bead garland;tie or glue cut ends together. Use glue gun to attach garlandlengths to bags under roses, forming loops. Secure loops withfloral pins dipped in glue if needed.
- 9. Trim rosemary stems and glue two under roses on each sideof both bags.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Sizzling Pink CenterpieceCrystal Romance CandlescapeSweetheart Topiary
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog