Photo Cube Mobile
Show off special faces and places in a fun new way - photo mobile adds visual interest and can be changed or expanded as you like.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Decorative papers, 12" x 12", five coordinating sheets and scraps
- Scrapbooking embellishments of choice (stickers, charms, rub-ons, etc.)
- Color copies of photographs
- Embroidery hoop, 10"
- Coordinating ribbons: 1/2" x 9 yds.; 3/8" x 1-2/3 yds.;
- double-sided satin, 1/8" x 2-1/3 yds.
- 1. Use trimmer to cut six 5-1/8" squares from a variety ofpapers for each cube.
- 2. Spread thin, even coat of glue onto one side of first foamcube. Place paper square over glued foam, flush with oneside and top edge; smooth paper with fingers.
- 3. Use craft knife to trim excess paper at side and bottomedges. Repeat to cover all sides of each cube.
- 4. Refer to photo and decide which of cube's edges will be topedge when hung. Use skewer tip to poke small hole into centerof foam edge where two paper pieces meet. Cut 28" length fromsatin ribbon and knot one end. Apply glue to knot and useskewer to push knot deep into foam. Let dry completely beforehanging. Repeat for remaining cubes.
- 5. Add paper scraps and scrapbook embellishments topaper-covered cubes; refer to photo for ideas. If desired,add computer-generated sentiments like quotes, names, andmore. Cut photos to desired size or trace template shapes ontophotos and cut out.
- 6. Spiral wrap embroidery hoop with 1/2"-wide ribbon, securingeach end with glue at inside of hoop.
- 7. For hanger, cut two 24" lengths from 3/8"-wide ribbon. Glueribbon ends around hoop on four opposite sides; ribbons willcross at top. Hold hoop up by crossed hanging ribbons and glueribbons together where they meet. Pass remaining 12" length of3/8"-wide ribbon under crossed ribbons; glue ends together toform hanging loop.
- 8. Loosely tie photo cubes to hoop at each one-third mark.Adjust ribbons so cubes hang at different heights; be surehanging loop is straight. Note: Working with a partner makesthis easier. When satisfied with placement, tie ribbonstightly and trim excess..If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Girl's Bullentin BoardGirl's Message CubeKid's Photo Cubes
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog