Hearts & Flowers Arrangement
Dress up the holidays or other special occasions with gorgeous florals you'll love putting together! Make the foam cube your own using favorite papers trims and more.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Cube, 5"
- Solid Heart, 3-1/2"
- Pink handmade paper-look paint
- Decorative paper, 12" x 12", two sheets
- Red/gold two-tone pearlescent ink pad
- Alphabet stamps: 1" uppercase; 1/2" lowercase
- Florals: light pink and dark pink roses with leaves, seven each;
- pink carnations, four
- Dark green reindeer moss, one bag
- Green floral tape
- 1. Cut two 5" x 12" strips and one 5" square from paper.Center and wrap two sides of foam cube with one paper strip,folding excess around corners; firmly crease paper. Repeat onopposite sides with second paper strip. Glue paper strips tofoam, allowing ends to overlap. Glue square to bottom of cube; let dry.
- 2. Trace foam heart twice onto decorative paper, noting pattern placement.Cut out paper hearts and adhere to front and back of foam heart.Glue skewer into heart point and wrap with green tape.
- 3. Refer to photo to stamp two-tone "X" and "O" letters, bothuppercase and lowercase, onto cube and heart.
- 4. Use palette knife to cover heart edges with paper paint;let dry. Glue skewer end into center top of cube; let dry. Useglue gun to cover top of cube with moss.
- 5. Trim floral stems to various lengths and insert aroundfront, sides, and back of heart. Trim some leaves from stemsand insert around base of roses so they drape down sides.Cube Trio Variation:Use same instructions to create large 8" centerpiece cube andtwo smaller 5" candleholder cubes, cutting five 8" papersquares to cover sides and bottom of large cube. Glue andinsert plastic candle cups into center tops of smaller cubes;let dry. Wrap all cubes with layered ribbon, specialty yarns,and decorative trims as shown. Create paper tags to embellishcubes, if desired. Insert chosen florals; designer used roses,berry bunches, lilacs, and mums.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Papered Hearts CenterpieceShowered with Joy CandlesticksContempo Gerbera Daisy Cubes
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog