Day at the Beach Wreath
Enjoy 'a day at the beach' anytime! Reminiscent of lazy days in sun and surf eclectic embellishment mix can be purchased or assembled from your own beachcombing treasures.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Stone textured aerosol paint*: Travertine Tan; White Onyx
- Cardstock, white, 6" x 6"
- Netting, 12" x 20"
- Beach-themed bottle cap embellishments, two
- Beach-themed chipboard word embellishments, seven
- Sand castle dimensional sticker
- Vintage beach scene images, two
- Sand dollar rubber stamp, about 1-1/2" diameter
- Seashells, various types, 16
- Starfish: two 4"; five 1"-1-1/2"
- Natural reindeer moss, one bag
- Heavyweight cardboard, 5" square
- Brown craft wire
- 1. Cut two 2" squares from cardstock and cut into rough circles.
- 2. Place foam wreath, cardstock circles and sand castlesticker inside cardboard box. Work outdoors if possible, or inwell-ventilated area; if desired, put on gloves and mask.Follow manufacturer's instructions to spray paint foam piecesand sticker with both paint colors; let dry completely.
- 3. Stamp painted circles with sand dollar stamp.
- 4. Cut irregular 4" square from cardboard; use glue gun tosecure square to bottom inside edge of wreath. Use glue gun tosecure reindeer moss to square.
- 5. Use glue gun to secure two large starfish to left side ofcardboard square in center of wreath as shown. Adhere vintagebeach image and bottle cap opposite starfish. Adhere remainingbeach image and bottle cap to wreath at "4 o' clock" position.Glue stamped sand dollars, shells, remaining starfish andchipboard words to wreath.
- 6. Use floral pins and glue gun to secure netting to back ofwreath and moss-covered cardboard piece.
- 7. Cut 2" length from skewer and glue to back bottom edge ofpainted sticker; insert skewer into top left side of wreath asshown. Glue bits of moss between sticker edge and wreath.
- 8. Use wire cutters to cut one 6" length from wire; twist endstogether to create hanging loop. Use glue gun to secure wireend into top center back of wreath.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Day at the Beach SwagSea Glass Cone TopiaryRiver Stone Mosaic Wreath
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog