Use photo as a guide; instructions begin with green polka-dotball at upper right and continue clockwise. Note: Feltingneedles are extremely sharp; use caution and followmanufacturer's instructions to ensure safety.
- 1. Wrap first foam ball with small amount of green roving.Attach fiber to surface using needlefelting tool; continuefelting fiber to foam until completely covered. Make three1/2" circles of each roving color, except green, and felt tosurface as shown.
- 2. For second foam ball, make three 1-1/2" circles of eachroving color. Needlefelt circles to ball in rough hexagonpattern, overlapping each color 1/8" and alternating colors around ball.
- 3. Place four rubber bands around third foam ball, dividing itinto eight equal vertical segments. Mark lines with pencil andremove rubber bands. Needlefelt small amounts of pink andgreen roving to alternating sections.
- 4. Wrap fourth foam ball with small amount of blue roving.Needlefelt fiber to surface until completely covered. Pullnine 3" pieces from yellow roving. Place pieces in swirlpatterns on surface of ball; needlefelt in place.
- 5. Wrap last foam ball with small amount of blue roving.Needlefelt fiber to surface until completely covered. Pullthree thin 8" pieces each from red and pink roving. Needlefeltalternating stripes to ball from top to bottom; stripes shouldbe evenly spaced. Repeat with four 8" yellow pieces,alternating stripes between red and pink. Pull two 8" pieceseach from pink and green roving. Wrap around ball in oppositedirection; needlefelt to surface. Repeat with three 8" yellowlengths, one stripe around center and one at each end.
- 6. If hanging balls on tree, cut 5" ribbon or cord length. Usescissors tip to poke small hole into top of ball. Knot ribbonends and glue knot into hole.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Glistening Felted Snowman OrnamentSweet Felted SnowmanNeedlefelted Easter Eggs