Glass Mosaic Spheres
Colorful mini mosaics shine as easy décor accents! Repurpose broken dinnerware use found items like sea glass or pick up glass gems at your local craft store.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Mosaic pieces (repurposed/broken china or
- glass plates and/or ceramic tiles)
- Ceramic tile adhesive
- Lightweight spackling
- 1. Wrap plates and tiles, one at a time, in old towel. Placetowel on hard surface, like concrete sidewalk, and rapcontents smartly with hammer. Do not hammer repeatedly or yourisk disintegrating mosaic pieces. Check inside of towelperiodically and remove pieces of desired size; wear workgloves at all times when handling broken items. Be sure toremove all shards from towel or discard towel entirely toprevent accidental cuts.
- 2. Use tile adhesive to secure mosaic pieces to foam balls inpleasing designs. Use tile knippers to cut some pieces to size as needed.
- 3. Follow manufacturer's directions to mix spackling "grout"in disposable container until smooth and spreadable.
- 4. Use spatula to apply grout to surface of ball; be sure topush grout into spaces between mosaic pieces. Smooth grout asmuch as possible as you work. Let set a few minutes, thengently smooth using damp sponge. Rinse sponge often in fresh water.
- 5. Let grout set up slightly, then wipe face of mosaic piecesagain with damp sponge. Let dry completely. Use clean, softrag to polish mosaic pieces.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Colorful Garden TopiariesSea Glass Cone TopiaryGlimmering Gems Mirror
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog