Disc Drama Wall Art
Add a spot of color to your decor - or several! Various foam discs covered in luxuriously textured papers combine to create easy eye-pleasing custom artwork.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Discs: 12" x 1", five; 6" x 1", seven
- Scrapbook papers, 12" x 12" sheets: brushed silver, five;
- brown velvet, two
- Coordinating velvet or grosgrain ribbons, 1" wide:
- pale gray, 5-1/2 yds.; brown, 5 yds.
- 1. Trace foam discs onto appropriate papers and cut out circles.
- 2. Use cookie cutter to cut a hole from each 6" disc, varyinghole placement as desired. Trace hole onto 6" paper circlesand carefully cut out.
- 3. Use putty knife to spread thin, even coat of paste onto oneside of first foam disc, or apply liquid glue. Center onepaper circle on pasted foam; smooth paper with fingers. Repeatto cover all foam discs. Let dry.
- 4. Beginning and ending at bottom edge of each disc, use gluegun to secure ribbon around edges. Trim excess, allowing atleast 1" overlap. Cut ribbon or paper strips to coversmaller, 2" holes in 6" discs; glue in place.
- 5. Refer to photo as guide to position and glue five smalldiscs to large discs; let dry flat.
- 6. Let dry completely before hanging. Arrange in rows or atrandom and hang with poster adhesive. Or, glue sawtoothhangers to top center back of each large disc and tworemaining small discs; dip nail ends into glue and insert into foam.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Faux Grass PlanterDisc Grid Wall ArtDisc Wall Art
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog