Halloween Ribbon Wreath
Looking for harvest-season décor you can put up October 1st and keep up through Halloween and Thanksgiving? Look no further - unique sunflower-like effect is gorgeous!
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Wreath, Round Face, 12" x 2-1/2" x 1"
- Foam-safe black spray paint
- Black ultra-fine glitter
- Pony beads, one package each: black; orange
- Ribbon, 1-1/4" wide: black grosgrain, 1 yd.;
- sheer orange, gold, black wire-edged, 5 yds. each
- Wire or thin black ribbon, 6" length
- 1. If desired, place foam wreath inside large cardboard boxoutdoors or in well-ventilated area. Spray paint wreath black;sprinkle with glitter while wet. Let dry completely.
- 2. Tie grosgrain ribbon into a bow with tails; set aside. Cutapproximately twenty 4" lengths from each sheer ribbon color;cut more as needed to fill out wreath shape.
- 3. Apply dot of glue to opening of a black pony bead;immediately insert one end of a sheer black ribbon lengththrough hole until tight. Let dry; trim excess ribbon abovebead. Repeat to bead all black and gold ribbons black; beadall orange ribbons orange. Let dry.
- 4. Refer to photo to join beaded ribbon lengths to wreath.Beginning just inside wreath opening, dot wreath with glue anduse wooden skewer to push free end of one ribbon length intofoam. Continue adding ribbons in concentric circles aroundwreath, cutting and beading more ribbons as needed. Offsetribbons slightly from circle to circle.
- 5. Use fingers to bend ribbon lengths toward outside edge ofwreath as shown. Twist wire ends, or knot thin ribbon ends,together to create hanging loop. Glue ends into center topback of wreath.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Feather Boa Eyeball WreathHaunted Halloween HouseWitches Brew Wallhanging
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog