Scandinavian Felt Cutwork Ornaments
Warm-and-cozy Scandinavian style looks just right in festive holiday red and white. Cut custom shapes from a 1/2'-thick sheet of STYROFOAM™ Brand foam. Easy!
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Felt, 9" x 12" sheets: two red; one white
- Red double-sided satin ribbon, 1/8" x 2/3 yd.
- 1. Use marker to trace pattern outlines onto foam block. Waxserrated knife with candle stub or paraffin; cut out ornament shapes.
- 2. Trace foam shapes twice onto red felt using air-solublemarker; cut out felt stars and mittens. Glue felt to front andback of each foam shape.
- 3. In addition, cut several long, 1/2"-thick strips of redfelt and glue around ornament edges, overlapping ends; trimexcess. Secure felt with pins until glue dries; remove pins.
- 4. Use transfer paper to transfer design details to whitefelt. Cut out shapes and glue to ornaments, referring to photo as guide.
- 5. Cut several long, 1/4"-thick strips of white felt and trimone long edge of each strip with pinking shears. Glue trim around ornamentedges as shown, piecing strips together as needed; trim excess.
- 6. For each hanger, cut a 12" ribbon length. Knot ribbon endsand glue to edge of ornament; secure with craft pin.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Scandinavian Felt Cutwork ConeSanta Hat OrnamentsSoftly Star Ornaments
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog