Pastel Christmas Village
Create a playful mood this holiday season with a trendy tiny village you create from STYROFOAMâ„¢ Brand foam and your favorite holiday papers.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Balls: two 2"; three 1"
- Block, 12" x 10" x 1"
- Cones: one 9" x 4"; two 3" x 2"
- Disc, 10" x 1"
- Orange acrylic paint
- Coordinating decorative papers, 12" x 12", several sheets
- Red brads, six
- Star sequins or beads, two
- White glitter crystals
- Ultrafine glitter: pink; lime green
- Glitter glue: black; crystal; orange; pink; green
- 1. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Cut eachhouse pattern from foam block.
- 2. Trace front, back and sides of foam house shapes ontoassorted papers. Cut out pieces and adhere to foam using paper glue.
- 3. Refer to patterns to cut house roofs from papers; creaseand glue roofs to houses. Cut various doors and windows fromcontrasting papers and adhere to houses. Detail roofs, doorsand windows with glitter glues; let dry.
- 4. Use foam brush to apply white glue to 3" foam cones.Sprinkle cones with lime green glitter; shake off excess andlet dry. Detail trees with glitter glues; let dry.
- 5. Use wooden toothpick dipped in glue to attach one 1" foamball to top of one 2" foam ball, creating a snowman shape.Repeat to make second snowman. Apply white glue to balls andsprinkle with white glitter crystals; shake off excess and let dry.
- 6. Use black glitter glue to make "coal" eyes and mouth oneach snowman. Dot cheeks with pink glitter glue. Glue andinsert three red brads in each tummy for buttons.
- 7. Paint tips of two toothpicks orange for noses; let dry andcut to size. Glue noses into faces; let dry completely.
- 8. Cut tree pattern from green decorative paper and gluearound large foam cone; let dry.
- 9. Draw following circles on backs of decorative papers: 4";3-1/2"; 3"; 2-1/2"; 2". Cut out circles using decorative-edgescissors. Cut center from each circle, 1" smaller in diameterthan original circle, creating five rings. Place rings on treeas shown. Detail tree with glitter glues; let dry.
- 10. Apply white glue to remaining 1" foam ball and sprinklewith pink ultrafine glitter; shake off excess and let dry.Glue ball to tip of tree.
- 11. Trace foam disc twice onto decorative paper; cut out andglue to front and back of disc. Cut several long, 1"-widestrips from same paper. Glue strips around disc edge, piecingtogether as needed; trim excess. Let dry.
- 12. Adhere large tree to disc center, houses to four oppositesides, and snowmen and small trees between houses. Detail discedges with glitter glue; let dry.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Snowy Felt 'n Foam HouseGlittering Snow VillageArctic Snow House
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog