Circle templates, 2" and 3"Fine sandpaperDcoupage mediumThick, white craft glueLow-temperature iron (optional)Instructions
- 1. Place small amount of spackling into disposable bowl andmix well with palette knife until smooth. Add tiny bit ofwater if spackling seems too thick.
- 2. Insert wooden skewer into bottom of foam ball. Holdingskewer, use palette knife to apply even coat of spackling tosurface of ball. Place in heavy glass or jar to dry. Lightlysand surface until smooth.
- 3. Apply second coat of spackling, if desired; let dry andsand surface. Wipe surface with damp paper towel to removedust. Paint ball blue; let dry.
- 4. Cut several 2"-3" circles from white paper. Fold eachcircle in half, then in half again. Cut each circle into asnowflake design. To remove folds, lightly press eachsnowflake with low-temperature iron. Glue snowflakes to ball.
- 5. Holding skewer handle, brush light, even coat of dcoupagemedium over surface of ball. While wet, sprinkle ball withglitter; shake off excess.
- 6. If desired, use craft pins and dots of glue to attach fauxpearl beads to center and tips of paper snowflakes; let dry.Remove skewer from ball.
- 7. Cut 8" ribbon length and knot ends for hanger. Glue andinsert knot into hole left by skewer. Tie remaining ribboninto loopy bow and glue to base of hanger.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Polar Pals