Paper Cube Ornament
Cute paper-covered ornaments will spruce up any old tree with fresh holiday style in a flash! Choose favorite bright vintage monochromatic or holiday-themed papers.
Completion Time -
1 hour each
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Decorative papers, two patterns
- Coordinating curling ribbon
- 1. Cut two 3" x 12" strips from one patterned paper. Wrapstrips around cube in opposite directions so foam iscompletely covered; crease corners. Remove strips and fold ateach crease. Glue strips around cube, spreading glue all theway to paper edges to prevent curling.
- 2. Cut three 1" x 12" strips from contrasting patterned paper.Fold each strip in half lengthwise and glue edges together, tocreate 1/2"-wide "ribbons." Cut a third 3/4" x 9" strip forhanger; fold in half and glue edges. Let dry completely.
- 3. Beginning and ending at center top of package, wrap two paperribbons around cube in opposite directions; glue ends to secure.
- 4. Cut remaining 1/2"-wide paper ribbon in half. Glue centerof one half to center top of cube; cut ends in a "V" forribbon tails. Firmly pull ribbon tails over a pencil to adddimension. Bring ends of second half together at center tocreate a bow; glue bow to top of cube over tails. If desired,insert craft pin in center of bow until glue dries.
- 5. Use craft knife to cut 3/4"-wide slit in center top ofcube, through center of bow. Place a dot of glue on slit andfirmly slide hanger ends inside; let dry.
- 6. Use scissors blade to curl several long pieces of curlingribbon. Glue curls into center of paper bow.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Bottle Cap Christmas TagHoliday Package Topiary
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog