Paisley Portrait Wall Art
Showcase priceless memories on a beautifully price-conscious canvas - a square of versatile user-friendly STYROFOAM™ Brand foam. Cover foam with favorite scrapbooking supplies add ribbon hanger and voilà!
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Sheet, one 12" x 12" x 1" or 36" x 12" x 1"
- (larger sheet will yield three squares)
- Black acrylic paint
- Coordinating double-sided patterned papers, 12" x 12" sheets, two
- Coordinating card stock, 12" x 12" sheets, two
- Chipboard: large monogram; flourish; oval bookplate
- Round black-and-white alphabet stickers
- Coordinating brads, 10
- Coordinating ribbon/trim pack, 1/2 yd. each of three different ribbons
- Photograph trimmed to desired size
- 1. Paint chipboard pieces black; let dry completely.
- 2. If using 12" x 12" x 1" square, skip to Step 3. Using rulerand pencil, score foam sheet to create three, 12" x 12"squares. Wax serrated knife with an old candle. Holding foamsheet firmly on a flat surface, extend one end and cut acrossthe score line, using knife like a saw. Or, try dental floss:Stand the sheet on its edge and hold a 20" length of dentalfloss along the scored line, positioning one hand at thebottom of the board and the other at the top; draw the dentalfloss down through the foam sheet along the scored line. Saveremaining sheet for future wall art projects.
- 3. Use putty knife to spread thin, even coat of paste onto oneside of first foam square, or apply liquid glue. Center one sheet ofcard stock on each side of pasted foam; smooth paper with fingers.
- 4. Cut four 1" x 12" strips of card stock to cover edges ofsquare. Glue strips in place; let dry.
- 5. Cut an 11-1/2" square from one patterned paper. Center andglue to front of card stock-covered square. Cut a 4" x 12"strip from second patterned paper. Mat strip on reverse sideof same paper to create contrasting border; glue to foam square.
- 6. Refer to photo and use paper glue to adhere photo andchipboard pieces to square. Glue and insert two brads in endsof bookplate and four brads in photo corners. Glue and inserttwo brads along length of flourish as desired.
- 7. Add name to bookplate using letter stickers.
- 8. Cut one 16" ribbon length. Glue ribbon ends to top edge of foam square;glue and insert remaining brads through ribbon ends to secure.
- 9. Tightly wrap two more ribbon lengths around bottom of foamsquare, gluing ends at back.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:SARA Wall ArtGirl's Photo CubeGirl's Flower Wall Art
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog