Safari Wall Art
Have your walls take a walk on the wild side with bold animal print fabrics. Mix and match your fabrics and foam sheets to create the perfect arrangement for your space. If you tire of the look simply wrap foam sheets in new fabrics.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Sheets: vignette shown includes one 36" x 12" x 1";
- one 24" x 12" x 1"; and two 12" x 12" x 1"
- (12" x 36" x 1" sheet can be easily cut into smaller sizes)
- Disc: one 12" x 1"
- Fabrics to cover foam sheets and disc
- (yard will cover two 12" x 12" squares;
- or one 12" x 24" rectangle; or one 12" x 36" rectangle)
- Ribbon, 1" x 38" (optional; to cover edges of 12" disc)
- 1.To cut a sheet of STYROFOAM™ brand foam into smallersizes, use ruler and pencil to measure and mark cutting line.Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin and cut alongscored line. Or, use dental floss: stand the sheet on itsedge, and hold a 20" length of dental floss along the scoredline, positioning one hand at the bottom of the board and theother at the top; draw the dental floss down through the foamsheet along the scored line.
- 2. Cut fabric pieces 5 to 6 inches larger than size of foamsheet. Center first foam sheet on reverse side ofcorresponding fabric pieces. Fold edges around sheet ofSTYROFOAM™ brand foam, wrapping like a package and smoothlymitering corners. Pin fabric edges to secure. Spot glue as necessary.
- 3. Repeat, till all foam pieces are covered.
- 4. To cover the foam disc, trace around disc on selectedfabric. Cut out fabric circle and glue to foam disc. Wrapribbon around edge, pinning and gluing in place.
- 5. Use poster adhesive to attach to wall. Or, glue sawtoothhangers to back of each panel; for additional hold, insert and glue twostraight pins through holes in sawtooth picture hanger; let dry.
- 6. To change the look, simply remove pins and fabric and cover with new.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Safari Floor ConesSafari SpheresBright Green Marimekko Wall Art
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog