Vintage Bistro Wall Art
Take a mini vacation to the street cafes of Europe. Scrapbook papers in muted colors and vintage patterns add old world charm to a cozy corner and for a very affordable price.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Sheets: three 12" x 36" x 1", or nine 12" x 12" x 1" squares
- Scrapbook paper: 12" x 12", nine sheets (heavier weight)
- Ribbon, 1" x 12-1/3 yds.
- 1.If using 12" x 12" x 1" squares, skip to Step #2. Usingruler and pencil, score foam sheet to create three, 12" x 12"squares. Wax serrated knife with an old candle. Holding foamsheet firmly on a flat surface, extend one end and cut acrossthe score line, using knife like a saw. Or, try dentalfloss: Stand the sheet on its edge and hold a 20" length ofdental floss along the scored line, positioning one hand atthe bottom of the board and the other at the top; draw thedental floss down through the foam sheet along the scoredline. Repeat for remaining two foam sheets, creating a totalof nine, 12" x 12" squares.
- 2. Use putty knife to spread craft glue on foam sheet. Adherepaper to foam sheet, smoothing with fingers. Repeat to coverall foam squares. If necessary, pin corners in place till gluedries. (Hint: Papers might appear wavy at first, and willsmooth out as the glue dries.)
- 3. Cut ribbon into nine equal lengths. Beginning and ending atone lower corner, use glue gun to secure ribbon around edgesof each foam square; trim excess, allowing a bit of overlap.(Hint: STYROFOAM™ brand foam is very forgiving. If the papersquare does not exactly meet the edges of the foam sheet, runthe edge of the foam square along a tabletop, compressing the foam.)
- 4. Use level and poster adhesive to secure squares to wall asshown. Or, glue sawtooth picture hanger to back on eachsquare. For additional hold, insert and glue two straight pinsthrough holes in sawtooth picture hanger.
- 5. Let dry before hanging.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Bright Bistro Wall ArtTuscan Wall ArtTraditional Wallpaper Wall Art
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog