Everyday Dining Wall Art
Tired of your blah walls? Whip up this wall art today and entertain tonight! In fact check out the Holiday Dining Wall Art to see how you can quickly change this art with your mood and the season.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Sheets, three 12" x 36" x 1"; or eight 12" x 12" x 1" squares
- Scrapbook paper: 12" x 12", eight sheets (heavier weight)
- Ribbon, 1" x 11 yds.
- 1.If using 12" x 12" x 1" squares, skip to Step 2. Usingruler and pencil, score foam sheet to create three, 12" x 12"squares. Wax serrated knife with an old candle. Holding foamsheet firmly on a flat surface, extend one end and cut acrossthe score line, using knife like a saw. Or, try dentalfloss:Stand the sheet on its edge and hold a 20" length ofdental floss along the scored line, positioning one hand atthe bottom of the board and the other at the top; draw thedental floss down through the foam sheet along the scoredline. Repeat for remaining two foam sheets, creating a totalof nine, 12" x 12" squares. Save one square for a future use.
- 2. Use putty knife to spread thin, even coat of craft glue onfront of foam square. Adhere 12" x 12" paper on foam squareand smooth paper with fingers. Repeat to cover all foamsquares. (Hint: Papers might appear wavy at first, and willsmooth out as the glue dries.)
- 3. Beginning and ending at one lower corner, use glue gun tosecure ribbon around edges of each foam square; trim excess,allowing a bit of overlap. (Hint: STYROFOAM™brand foamis very forgiving. If the paper does not exactly meet theedges of the foam sheet, run the edge of the foam square alonga tabletop, compressing the foam.)
- 4. Use level and poster adhesive to secure squares to wall asshown. Or, glue sawtooth picture hanger to back. Foradditional hold, insert and glue two straight pins throughholes in sawtooth picture hanger.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Centerpiece Floral SpheresHoliday Dining Wall ArtGerbera Daisy Photo Wall Art
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog