T-Shirt Wall Art
Show your fashion savvy or savor special t's with your own fashion t-shirt gallery. So easy!
Completion Time -
less than 1 hour
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Sheets: One, 12" x 36" x 1" sheet OR three 12" x 12" x 1" squares
- Disc: 12" x 1"
- Four junior T-shirts, size large
- 1.If using 12" x 12" x 1" squares, skip to Step #2. Usingruler and pencil, score foam sheet to create three, 12" x 12"squares. Wax serrated knife with an old candle. Holding foamsheet firmly on a flat surface, extend one end and cut acrossthe score line, using knife like a saw. Or, try dental floss:Stand the sheet on its edge and hold a 20" length of dentalfloss along the scored line, positioning one hand at thebottom of the board and the other at the top; draw the dentalfloss down through the foam sheet along the scored line. Cutthree 12" x 12" squares.
- 2. Insert 12" x 12" foam square into t-shirt. Carefullyposition foam square so that t-shirt design is centered andseams are not in front. Test "fit" of t-shirt:stretcht-shirt fabric over edges, being sure that sleeves andneckline can be stretched over the sides to the back.Carefully trim away back side of t-shirt and excess fabric,leaving several inches all around to cover edges.
- 3. Wrap foam square in t-shirt fabric, neatly folding fabricat the corners. Pin and glue fabric to reverse side.
- 4. Following Steps 2 & 3 above, cover foam disc with t-shirt.
- 5. Glue sawtooth picture hanger to back. For additional hold,insert and glue two straight pins through holes in sawtoothpicture hanger. Or, attach foam squares to wall with poster putty.
- 6. Let dry before hanging.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Safari SpheresSARA Wall ArtSoccer Wall Art
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog