Tooled Leather Wall Art
The great reveal: Richly textured and tooled papers look like expensive hand-tooled leather especially when accented with upholstery nails. In reality it's paper and STYROFOAM™ Brand foam and you can make the ensemble in an afternoon - no special tools or training required!
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Sheets, three 12" x 24" x 1"
- Textured papers: Stucco paper, bronze, two sheets;
- Ancient Tablet paper, bronze, two sheets**
- Upholstery nails, 200 large, bronze plated
- Acrylic craft paint, black
- **Available online atPaperArts.com
- 1. Paint black the edges of all three sheets of STYROFOAM™brand foam. Extend paint to cover " around the top edge ofeach foam sheet. Let dry.
- 2. Cut three 12" x 12" pieces of Ancient Tablet paper.Referring to photo, stagger placement of the paper squares onthe three sheets of STYROFOAM™ brand foam. Mark where eachpaper is placed by scoring the foam sheet with a pencil and ruler.
- 3. Spread glue on sheet of STYROFOAM™ brand foam, stayinginside scored lines. Center and glue paper square to foamsheet. If needed, pin edges in place until glue dries.
- 4. Measure the uncovered areas above and below each papersquare and cut Stucco paper to size. Adhere Stucco paper tofoam sheets following Step #3. Let dry.
- 5. Referring to photo, push upholstery nails through Stuccopaper and into the STYROFOAM™ brand foam, outlining paper.
- 6. Affix hook and loop tabs to the top back of each foam sheetand to the wall. Hang wall art using hook and loop hangers.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Silver Wire & Green Leaf SphereTacky SphereBright Green Marimekko Wall Art
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog