Textured Art Triptych
Craft custom wall décor for your home using STYROFOAM™ Brand foam and decorative papers. Add texture with raffia and d.i.y. polymer clay accents - inexpensive gorgeous art!
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Sheets, one each: 12" x 36" x "; 12" x 36" x 1"
- Black acrylic paint
- Decorative papers, 12" x 12" sheets:
- three coordinating distressed-look;
- one herringbone; one matte gold swirl
- Embossed black art paper, 22" x 30", two sheets in different patterns
- Gold oven-bake polymer clay
- Rubber stamp cube
- Gold rub-on finish
- (Note: Textured papers available onPaperArts.com)
- 1. Measure and mark three 7" x 7-1/2" rectangles onto1/2"-thick foam sheet. Wax serrated knife with candle stub orparaffin; cut out shapes on lines. Use marker to divide1"-thick foam sheet into three 12"-wide sections; do not cut foam.
- 2. Paint edges of rectangles and large foam sheet black. Paint1/2"-wide black border around fronts of shapes and 1"-wideborder along marker lines on large sheet. Let dry.
- 3. Cut two 12" squares from same embossed art paper and one12" square from second embossed art paper. Use putty knife toapply paste to outer sections of large foam sheet; adherepaper and smooth with fingers. Repeat with third paper squarein center section. Pin paper corners with craft pins andweight with heavy books until dry. Remove pins.
- 4. Cut one 7" x 7-1/2" rectangle from each distressed-look paper.Paste papers to foam rectangles; weight with heavy books until dry.
- 5. Cut three 4" x 4-1/2" rectangles from herringbone paper;paste to center of each larger rectangle. Cut three 3" squares frommatte gold swirl paper; paste to centers of herringbone rectangles.Use glue gun to adhere foam rectangles to larger sheet as shown.
- 6. Follow manufacturer's directions to create three stampedclay motifs, each approximately 2-3/4" square; bake asindicated and let cool. Glue clay motifs to center of each panel.
- 7. Follow manufacturer's directions to carefully apply goldrub-on finish to raised areas of clay motifs and embossed papers.
- 8. Tie raffia together to make two 1" x 16" lengths. Glueraffia around foam sheet where embossed paper edges meet. Glue ends atback of sheet. Adhere hook-and-loop hangers to top back edge of foam sheet.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Mossy Wall ArtPebble SpheresFall Leaves & Textured Cube
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog