Bundled Up Snowman Ornament
This sparkling snowman is the perfect 'go-to guy' for party favors quick gifts and more this holiday season. Dress him up with scraps from your craft room!
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Chenille stems: orange; crystal white; 1/2"-dia. red; 1/4"-dia. red
- Red sparkle pom pom, 1/2" diameter
- Black beads, 7mm, two
- Tiny heart-shaped buttons, three
- Silver cording
- White/iridescent glitter
- Cosmetic blush
- 1. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Cut thinslice from both ends of foam egg. Use glue gun to glue foamball to narrow end of egg, creating snowman.
- 2. Insert wooden skewer into bottom of snowman. Holdingsnowman by skewer, use paintbrush to apply dcoupage mediumto surface of foam. While wet, sprinkle generously withglitter. Gently pat glitter into adhesive using fingertips.Place skewer in heavy glass or jar while snowman dries; remove skewer.
- 3. Use white glue to glue bead eyes to face, pressing firmlyto indent slightly. Cut orange chenille stem into thirds; foldone piece in half and twist tightly to create carrot nose.Glue nose into face. Gently blue cheeks with fingertip.
- 4. Wrap jumbo chenille stem around neck for scarf; curl endswith fingertips. Glue buttons down front of body. Wrap 1/4"red chenille stem into tight coil; use glue gun to securelargest coil to head and let dry. Gently lift center of coilup a bit to form hat. Glue crystal chenille stem around baseof hat for cuff; trim excess. Glue pom pom to tip of hat.
- 5. Cut 10" cording length and knot ends to make hanger. Pinknot to snowman wherever hanger will allow snowman to hangstraight. Adjust as needed until pleased with effect. Add dotof hot glue to pin head to secure; push cording knot and pinfirmly into foam.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Snow Cone Snowman OrnamentGlistening, Felted Snowman OrnamentPeppermint Snow Angel
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog