1. Cut one 2" square and forty-five 1" x 4" strips frompatterned paper. Place paper strips printed side down on worksurface. Refer to Diagrams 1 through 3 to fold strips in halfand then into crisp points as shown.
- 2. Glue paper square to center bottom of foam ball, clippingpaper as needed so it lays flat. Mark center bottom of ball with pin.
- 3. Refer to Diagram 4 to pin two points to bottom of ball onopposite sides, with tips just touching. Insert pins asindicated by dots on diagram; points will stick up a bit. Pinswill be hidden by subsequent paper layers.
- 4. Pin two more paper points over first two with edges just slightlyoverlapping and points just touching. First layer is complete.
- 5. Refer to Diagrams 5 and 6 to add two more layers of paperpoints. Second layer should be positioned 1/2" from center of firstlayer. Third layer should be positioned 1" from center of first layer.
- 6. Continue pinning paper points to ball in alternating rowsas you move toward top of ball, with each row an additional1/2" from center bottom of ball. Near mid-point of ball, edgesof paper points will be slightly farther apart than at top andbottom. Be sure each layer covers pins in layer before it.Adjust pins as needed. Final layer of paper points shouldcover top of ball completely.
- 7. Remove pin marking center bottom of ball and use it to makehole in center top. Cut a short wire length and twist endstogether to create a hanging loop; glue loop into center topof ball. Tie loopy bow and glue to top of ornament.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Fabric-Point Pineapple OrnamentsSweet Music Wreath