Old-Fashioned Christmas Ornaments
Versatile STYROFOAM™ Brand foam is lightweight and perfect for tree ornaments. Here it's paired with your favorite holiday papers for fast inexpensive tree trimmers.
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Vintage images (available online)
- Decorative paper(s)
- Coordinating cardstock, including cream
- Sentiment sticker
- Glitter glue, holiday colors
- 1. Trace foam disc four times onto back of one sheet of cardstock. Cut out two shapes on traced lines using straight-edgescissors; adhere to front and back of foam disc using paperglue. Cut out two remaining shapes just outside traced linesusing decorative-edge scissors; set aside.
- 2. Print vintage image twice onto cream card stock. Use circletemplate and straight-edge scissors to trim images into 2-3/4"circles. Adhere images to center of decorative-edge circles.
- 3. Accent images and decorative edges with glitter glues; letdry. Adhere sentiment sticker.
- 4. For hanger, cut a 3/4" x 4" strip from decorative paper.For edge, cut a 3/4" x 9-1/2" strip from decorative paper. Cut1" wide strips from same card stock used in Step 1, one 4"long and one 9-1/2" long. Adhere patterned strips to center ofcorresponding card stock strips and trim edges withdecorative-edge scissors.
- 5. Adhere ends of hanger to front and back of ornament at top;adhere side strip around edge of ornament.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Sparkling Vintage Cube OrnamentsSweet Felted SnowmanRetro Santa Paper Collage
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog