Polka Dot Vase & Gerberas
Wrap a cone of STYROFOAM™ Brand foam in favorite decorative paper for an instant floral pick-me-up that complements every décor. Perfect for parties too!
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Decorative paper, 12" x 12"
- Silk flowers: pink gerberas, two; pink/red/multi roses, nine
- Artificial greenery: eucalyptus stems, four;
- geranium leaves, six; tulip leaf
- 1. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Draw aline around foam cone 5-1/2" from wide end and cut on line tocreate vase; set aside top of cone for a future project.
- 2. To make paper pattern for vase, align long edge of foamwith one back edge of paper, near a corner. Carefully roll cutcone across paper, using pencil to trace top and bottom curvesfrom one end of paper to the other. Trace smaller end of coneonto leftover paper.
- 3. Cut out pieces, cutting large piece along curved lines andcircle just inside traced line.
- 4. Wrap large paper piece around cone with top edges even;overlap ends at back and glue with paper glue. Glue papercircle to bottom of cone.
- 5. Use floral shears to trim one gerbera stem to 7" long andthe other to 12" long. Using photo as a guide, insert stemsinto top of vase. Insert tulip leaf between gerberas.
- 6. Trim eucalyptus stems to various lengths from 7" to 12"long and insert into vase behind and around gerberas.
- 7. Trim rose stems to approximately 5" long and insert intovase around base of gerberas, leaving space at one side forgeranium leaves. Insert geranium leaves.
- 8. When pleased with arrangement, remove stems one by one,apply hot glue to ends and re-insert into arrangement.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:[removed link][removed link][removed link]
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog