Vintage Ruffled Stars Ornaments
Mix together paper glitter crêpe paper ruffles and a sweet bird to create this star-shaped paper craft. Mix & match your papers and these little stars can shine for the 4th of July Christmas or any occasion needing a little style.
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Block, 12" x 12" x 1/2"
- Stars, 6" x 1/2", three
- Acrylic paints: light blue; pink
- Cardstock-weight decorative papers, three coordinating sheets
- Cream crepe paper roll
- Silver ultra-fine glitter
- Sheer white/iridescent ribbon, one roll each:
- 1/4" wide; 1/8" wide
- Cream button thread and needle
- 1. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Cut birdpattern from foam sheet as indicated. Carefully cut each birdin half lengthwise, creating four 1/4"-thick bird shapes.
- 2.Paint three birds pink or blue, as desired; let drycompletely. Paint front and edge of each bird with decoupagemedium; while wet, sprinkle with glitter. Shake off excess;set aside to dry.
- 3. Trace foam star twice onto back of each decorative paper.Cut out paper stars, cutting on traced lines with pinkingscissors. Adhere paper stars to both sides of foam stars usingpaper glue; let dry.
- 4. Adhere 1/4"-wide ribbon around sides of each foam star,covering exposed foam. Cut three 6" lengths from 1/8"-wideribbon; knot ends together and glue to top of each star for hangers.
- 5. Cut three 1-yd. lengths from crepe paper roll. Using buttonthread, sew gathering stitch along one long edge of eachlength. Pull gathers tight; knot thread and trim excess. Paintouter edge of ruffled circle with desired acrylic paint. Whilewet, sprinkle with glitter and shake off excess; let dry.
- 6. Glue ruffled circle and bird to each star.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:[removed link][removed link][removed link]
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog