Nature's Quick & Easy Ornaments
Ornaments showcase the colors of nature including pumpkin seeds chili peppers dried peas and moss.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Dried materials: pumpkin seeds, chili peppers,
- dried split peas, moss, pinecones
- Straight pins
- Acrylic finish, low gloss (optional)
- Ribbon, 12" per ornament
- 1. General directions: Working on a small section at a time,cover portion of ball with glue and glue on dried materials;continue, working a section at a time, until ball is covered. Let dry.a. Split Peas: Glue split peas as close together as possible.Model pictured has alternating quadrants of yellow and greensplit peas. Stripes and swirls are other design options.b. Moss: Cover ball entirely with moss. Wrap ribbon aroundball, pinning at top and bottom of ball (optional).c. Pumpkin Seeds: Glue pumpkin seeds as close together as possible.d. Pinecones: Cut apart pinecone; starting at the bottom, glueindividual leaves in a row around ball. Add another row,overlapping the first. Continue adding rows, overlapping eachrow, until ball is covered.e. Chile Peppers: Glue peppers as close together as possible;to keep peppers in place, pin top and bottom of each pepper tothe ball.
- 2. Spray ornaments with acrylic finish (optional).
- 3. Tie ends of ribbon together, forming a bow. Place dab ofglue on top of ornament; pin and glue bow to ball, forming hanger.
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog