Red & White Keepsake Button Ornament
You'll want to display this heirloom ornament year-round. Just pin the pretty buttons in place; crisp STYRFOAM™ Brand Foam will hold them tight.
Completion Time -
Less than 1 hour
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Buttons, all one color, assorted sizes
- Buttons in contrasting color, about 18
- Pearl head pins
- Ribbon: 1/4" x 12"
- Ribbon: 1/2" x 24"
- Using pearl head pins, pin a wide variety of sizes and styles of buttons onto ball; continue till ball is covered. Fill in any gaps with a second layer of buttons. If needed, spot glue buttons in place.
- Randomly pin on buttons on contrasting color.
- Knot together ends of ¼" ribbon, forming loop. Add dab of glue to top of ornament; place knot on glue and using skewer, push knot into foam ball. Let dry.
- Tie bow in ½" ribbon; trim ends. Glue and pin to top of ornament.
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog