Sparkly Red Fabric Ornament
The sparkly red fabric will add some dazzle to your Christmas tree. These ornaments go together fast, and are a great way to use up fabric scraps. Make a few extra to give as gifts.
Completion Time -
Less than 1 hour
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Mark center top and bottom of ball. Place rubber bands around foam ball, creating six equal segments. Use sharp pencil to mark line next to each rubber band, scoring foam as you go.
- Using pattern, cut out six fabric pieces, adding ¼" seam allowance on all sides. Cut out.
- Center fabric piece over segment on foam ball; use palette knife or other knife to tuck seam allowances into scored lines. Trim excess fabric. If needed, use glue and straight pins to help hold seams in place. Repeat for each segment.
- Cut braid into three, 16" lengths. Tuck one end into top of foam ball, and wrap length around ornament, covering seam lines. Glue and pin in place with pearl head pins. Tuck remaining end into top of foam ball. Repeat till all seams are covered.
- Knot together ends of ¼" ribbon, forming loop. Add glue to hole in top of ornament and using skewer, push knot into hole. Let dry.
- Tie bow in ½" ribbon; trim ends. Glue and pin to top of ornament.
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog