Red & White Ribbon Ornament
If you can wrap ribbon around a ball, you can make this ornament! The crisp, red and white color scheme is always stylish, but of course, you can change it up to include your favorite holiday color combination.
Completion Time -
Less than 1 hour
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Ribbons: 1/2"-5/8" x 4 yds.; 5/8" x 12", contrasting color; 1/4" x 12" (hanger); 1/2" x 24" (bow)
- Rubber bands
- Pearl head pins
- Straight pins
- Mark center top and bottom of ball. Place rubber bands around foam ball, creating four equal segments. Use sharp pencil to mark line next to each rubber band, scoring foam as you go. Use lines as guides to keep ribbons straight and evenly spaced
- Cut several 13"-long strips from 4-yd. ribbon length. Beginning and ending near center top of ball, glue and pin first ribbon strip around ornament, following guidelines drawn in Step 1. Optional: Use double-sided tape to adhere ribbons to foam ball. Following guidelines, adhere length of tape around ball. Remove paper facing and adhere ribbon to tape, wrapping it completely around the ball.
- Glue and pin (or tape) second ribbon strip along the second guideline. Continue gluing/pinning ribbons around ball, filling in spaces between first two ribbons, until entire surface is covered.
- Glue and pin (or tape) contrasting 5/8"-wide ribbon horizontally around ball center. Use pearl head pins and optional beads to embellish ribbon.
- Knot together ends of ¼" ribbon, forming loop. Add glue to hole in top of ornament and using skewer, push knot into hole. Let dry.
- Tie bow in ½" ribbon; trim ends. Glue and pin to top of ornament.
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog