Festive Paper Curl Wreath
Love the look of this ribbon-bedecked wreath? Look again! That's not ribbon – it's inexpensive gift wrap and scrapbooking paper cut into ribbon-like strips. Totally fun technique!
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Beveled Wreath, 12" x 2" x 1"
- White cardstock, 12" x 12"
- Decorative papers, two 12" x 12" sheets each: red; red/green print
- Shiny red gift wrap
- Red tinsel chenille stems, six
- Dark red-wrapped chocolate kisses, 24
- 1. Cut two 12" squares from gift wrap. Use paper trimmer or craft knife to cut cardstock, gift wrap and paper squares into 1/4"- to 3/8"-wide strips.
- 2. Tightly pull each paper strip over edge of metal ruler or similar tool to curl. Pull some strips all the way over the edge to create tight curls; use less tension to create looser curls. For very loose curls, roll paper strips around a pencil.
- 3. Glue paper curls over surface of foam wreath, alternating colors and textures.
- 4. Cut chenille stems in half; set aside one half for hanger. Wind remaining stems around pencil to create spirals. Glue and insert spirals into wreath among paper curls.
- 5. Push a toothpick into flat bottom of each candy kiss. Insert toothpicks into wreath.
- 6. Twist ends of remaining chenille stem together to create hanging loop. Glue ends into top center back of wreath.
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog