Scrunchy Felt Snowmen
Take your cue from this cozy snow duo – bundle up and get on out there to enjoy snowy fun. Scrunchy bodies make them extra cuddly.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Balls: 3"; 2-1/2"
- Cones, 9" x 4", two
- White brushed felt or lightweight fleece, 1/2 yd.
- Lightweight fleece, 1/3 yd.: blue; green
- Pom poms: 3/8" and 1/2" white, one each: 3/16" and 1/4" black, two each
- Fiberfill stuffing
- Pink cosmetic blush
- Fine-line black permanent marker
- 1. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Cut 2"-thick slice from base of one foam cone for smaller snowman. Set aside slice for future project.
- 2. Twist larger foam ball tightly against tip of full-size foam cone. Repeat with remaining foam shapes. Use glue gun to glue balls to cones.
- 3. Print and cut out patterns. Follow directions on Snowman Body and Snowman Cap patterns to align sections A and B at dotted lines indicated on patterns. Tape sections together to make full-size patterns.
- 4. Cut patterns from felt and fleece as indicated, noting separate pattern lines for small snowman (SM) and large snowman (LG).
- 5. With right sides facing, sew body pieces together for each snowman with 3/8" seam, leaving bottom edge open. Sew arms together in pairs, right sides facing, leaving straight edges open. Clip curved edges and turn all snowman parts right side out. Fill arms lightly with fiberfill.
- 6. Pull felt bodies over top of foam snowmen forms; head will fit more snuggly than body. Glue and pin bottom edge of fabric to bottoms of cones. Arrange excess fabric into gentle folds at base of each snowman.
- 7. Using tip of craft knife blade, cut 1" horizontal slits into sides of snowman, 1/2" below neckline. Dab glue onto end of each arm and use tip of butter knife or similar tool to slide straight end of arm into slit. Spot glue arm to body as needed. Repeat for each arm.
- 8. With right sides facing, sew each cap with 3/8" seam, indicated by small dashed lines on pattern. Leave bottom edge open. Clip curved edges and turn caps right side out. Turn up bottom edge for cuff and glue caps to heads.
- 9. Using smaller sizes for smaller snowman, glue white pom pom noses and black pom pom eyes to faces as shown.
- 10. Cut a 1-3/4" x 22" fleece strip for large snowman's scarf and a 1-1/4" x 15" strip for small snowman. Cut fringe into ends. Tie scarves around snowmen, just below noses.
- 11. Use small brush to lightly blush cheeks and tops of noses.
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog