Felt Penny Wreath
Today, we have the luxury of purchasing readymade felt pennies, which makes this richly-hued, heritage wreath a super-fast craft. However, felt pennies are not hard to make, and like our forebears, you can use fabric scraps and repurpose old woolen garments and knit sweaters to create your own.
Completion Time -
Less than 1 hour
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Wreath, 10" x 1" with flat front
- Pre-made felt pennies*, 20
- Acrylic craft paint, black
- Felt: Light green (leaves); black (hanger)
- Thick, white craft glue
- 1. Paint the wreath black; let dry.
- 2. Arrange and glue felt pennies to the wreath, overlapping to cover the wreath form.
- 3. Cut out 18 - 20 leaves from light green felt. Glue to inside and outside edges, tucking the ends of leaves under the felt pennies.
- 4. Form a hanging loop from a 1" x 8" strip of black felt. Pin and glue to the back of the wreath. Let dry.
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog