Autumn Riches Cone Trio
No season boasts more glorious color than autumn. From the rich handmade-paper to the fruits feathers and greenery this design will dazzle you.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Block, 12" x 2" x 4"
- Cones, 6" x 3", three
- Handmade paper, 8-1/2" x 11" sheets: red-orange, two; olive green, two;
- gold, one
- Artificial fruits: red grape clusters, two; berry sprays, six;
- pomegranates, four; pear, one
- Silk floral stems, one each: velvet sunflowers; fall leaves
- Dried grain stems, three
- Quail feathers, two
- Medium pinecones, three
- Chenille stem, any color
- Wooden floral picks
- Fine-gauge floral wire
- Floral U-pins
- 1. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Cut smallequal slices from one side of each foam cone so they will restflat against work surface.
- 2. Using disposable brush, apply glue to one sheet of paper ata time. Wrap two cones with red-orange, one with gold, andfoam block with olive green paper; trim excess and let dry.
- 3. Glue cones to foam block as shown. For added strength, glueand insert a wooden pick through block into widest part ofeach paper-covered cone.
- 4. Twist chenille stem ends together, forming hanging loop.Glue and insert loop into top back of block; secure withfloral pins. Note: Hang swag before adding fillers in order toachieve proper balance in finished piece.
- 5. Using photo as guide, glue and insert pear and pomegranatesinto top of center cone. Insert grapes, then sunflowers, intoremaining cones. Fill in spaces with fall leaves. Insertberries into right cone so they cascade down side. Insert oneberry spray vertically into right cone. Insert feathers inleft cone. Insert dried grain stems into center cone. Fill inspaces with dried grains, berries and leaves as desired. Gluepinecone to tip of each cone.*Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog