Chubby little love bug won't bite but he will nibble at your heart. Zany critter is made from foam balls and an egg fabric wings and chenille legs.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Egg, 3-7/8"
- Balls: 2-1/2"; 1-1/2"; three 1"
- Scrap, 1" x 3" or similar size
- Acrylic craft paint, bright rose
- Fabric, 7" x 18", heart pattern
- Fusible web, 7" x 9"
- Dimensional glitter paint OR glitter glue
- Chenille stems, 4, violet
- Ribbon, 3/4" x 8", violet
- Pompom, 1/2", pink
- Wiggle eyes, 3/4", oval
- Felt or craft foam, pink, scrap
- 1. Wax knife blade with old candle. Cut small slice from wide endof egg so it will stand. Twist 2-1/2" ball against narrow end ofegg until they fit together tightly; glue together with low temperature glue.
- 2. Cut 1-1/2" ball in half. Place flat side on face and twistuntil it fits snuggly; repeat with other half ball. Glue cheeks in place.
- 3. Insert skewer in flat end of egg to use as handle. Paint bug;let dry. (Hint: rest skewer in heavy drinking glass until bug dries.)
- 4. Cut 1" balls in half. Insert toothpicks to use as handles;paint. Insert toothpicks in foam scrap; let dry.
- 5. Using pattern, cut two sets of wings from fabric and one setfrom fusible web. Following directions on package, fuse fabric wings together.
- 6. Squeeze thin line of glitter paint around edge of wings (or,use glitter glue). Let dry.
- 7. Cut chenille stem in half. Cut two small hearts from fabric;glue to one end of each chenille stem. Outline hearts with glitterpaint. Let dry. These will be the antennae.
- 8. Glue on wiggle eyes and pompom nose. Glue on mouth cut fromscrap of foam or felt. Insert antennae into top of head; securewith drop of glue.
- 9. Glue wings to back.
- 10. Cut three chenille stems in half; insert one end of each stemin curved side of 1/2 ball. Insert legs in body; secure with dropof glue. Bend legs.
- 11. Tie ribbon in bow; glue to neck.
- 12. Cut out and glue small hearts to bottoms of feet, cheeks andover heart (optional).
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog