French Roast Christmas Trees
Perk up your Christmas or year-round decor with the richness of coffee beans on a trio of trees or solo ornament. There's also a colorful three-bean sphere.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Cones: 6" x 3"; 8" x 3"; 12" x 4"
- Acrylic paint, dark brown
- Acrylic sealer, gloss finish
- Whole roasted coffee beans, 1/2 lb.
- Dark brown felt, 1/4 yd. or two 9" x 12" sheets
- 1. Paint foam cones brown and let dry.
- 2. Rub glue along bottom edge of cone and then press a row ofcoffee beans side by side into glue. Position beanshorizontally, vertically, or at an angle, keeping thedirection uniform (see photo).
- 3. Continue adding rows of coffee beans until foam is covered,working small sections at a time. Let dry completely.
- 4. Spray coffee beans with sealer; let dry.
- 5. Using pinking shears, cut a circle of brown felt to matchbottom of each cone. Glue felt to bottom of trees.
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog