Ghostly Halloween Windsock
This ghostly delight is made from a sheet of STYROFOAM™ and torn fabric strips that flutter in the breeze.,
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Acrylic paint, black
- 1 yd. of white cotton fabric
- 24" of black ribbon or string (for hanger)
- 1. Pin pattern onto foam sheet; trace around pattern with pencil. Cut out ghost with serrated knife or utility knife. It's easier to cut out each hand first, and then cut around individual fingers. (Hint: For smoother cuts, wax the knife blade with an old candle.)
- 2. Paint on face with black paint.
- 3. Cut or tear seven 3" wide fabric strips. Gather top of each strip in your fingers, and then use skewer or knitting needle to push strips into bottom edge of ghost. For extra holding power, place a dot of glue on fabric end before inserting in foam.
- 4. To add hanger, tie a knot in one end of ribbon or string, add a dab of glue, and push knot into top edge of ghost's head.
- 5. Hang ghost where a breeze will ruffle the fabric strips.
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog