River Stone Mosaic Candlesticks
Enhance softly flickering candlelight with polished stone and natural simplicity. Turn foam cubes into an intriguing dinner-table focal point in less than an hour!
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Acrylic paints: brown; gray
- Polished river rocks, one small bag
- Green reindeer moss
- Plastic floral candle picks, two
- 1. Paint candle picks gray; let dry. Push picks firmly intocenter top of each foam cube.
- 2. Mix small amount of brown paint into small amount oflatex adhesive in disposable bowl. Note: Adhesive dries outquickly so keep covered with damp paper towel when not in use.
- 3. Use palette knife to spread 1/4"-thick layer of adhesiveonto one small area of first foam cube. Press river rocksfirmly into adhesive, placing stones as close together aspossible. Repeat to cover all four sides of cube.
- 4. Apply a line of adhesive around top of cube near edge;press taller, thinner rocks into adhesive to create rim.
- 5. Repeat Steps 3 and 4 for second cube. Let candleholders dry overnight.
- 6. Glue pieces of moss close together inside rock rims attops of cubes; let dry. Use scissors to trim moss flat, resembling grass.
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog