Golden Ornament Card
Take paper crafting to a new dimension with versatile STYROFOAM™ Brand foam. A foam ball recreates the look of a real ornament on this stamped greeting.
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Foam-safe spray paint, metallic brass
- Paint pen, metallic gold
- Card stock: cream, one sheet; metallic gold scrap
- Paper, one sheet each: pink/metallic gold handmade; white tissue
- "Merry Christmas" rubber stamp
- Watermark ink pad
- Gold embossing powder
- Embossing heat tool
- Pink ribbon, 1/4" x 1/4 yd.
- Cream pearl bead, 6mm
- Fine-gauge gold craft wire
- 1. Cut 7" x 10" piece from card stock; score and fold to measure 5" x 7".
- 2. Cut 4-3/4" x 6-3/4" piece from pink paper; use glue stickto adhere paper to center front of card, leaving 1/8"-wide border.
- 3. Use watermark ink pad to stamp sentiment onto cream cardstock. Shake embossing powder onto image and tap off excess.Follow manufacturer's instructions to heat emboss image.
- 4. Use decorative-edge scissors to trim sentiment to desiredsize. Use same scissors to cut slightly larger mat from goldcard stock; use two adhesive dots to join layers together. Useglue stick to adhere sentiment to top front of card as shown.
- 5. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin; cut foamball in half. Tear small pieces from tissue paper and glue toone foam half-ball, covering surface.
- 6. In well-ventilated area, follow manufacturer's instructionsto spray paint tissue-covered foam; let dry. Use white glue toadhere ornament to front of card.
- 7. Cut 2" length from wire and bend into small loop. Gluestraight wire ends into hole in bead.
- 8. Tie ribbon into bow; trim ends as desired. Use white glueto glue bead and ribbon to top of ornament.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Bottle Christmas TagSugar Cookie Heart Tag
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog