Silver-and-Blue Package Candleholders
Beading and paper crafting combine in a trio of on-trend style-to-spare candleholders. Creatively embellish paper-wrapped cubes of STYROFOAM™ brand foam with bead trim and tooling metal 'ribbons.'
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Cube, 3"
- Sculpturing Block, 18" x 4" x 4"
- Acrylic paint to match paper(s)
- Scrapbooking papers of choice, one 12" x 12" sheet for 3" cube;
- two sheets for 4" cube
- Medium-weight aluminum tooling metal
- Candle cups, three
- Beaded floral trim
- 1. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Cut two 4"cubes from foam sculpturing block.
- 2. Cut paper strips to cover sides of foam cubes as follows:one 4" x 12" strip for 3" cube; two 5" x 12" strips for each4" cube. Fold over 1/2" along top and bottom edges of eachstrip; open paper flat.
- 3. Starting and ending at center back, wrap paper stripsaround sides of cube. Align folds with top and bottom edges ofcube; crease paper at corners. For 4" cube, piece paper stripsas needed to cover foam; trim excess. Remove paper strips andfold crisply along creased lines.
- 4. Glue and pin paper strips back onto cube, with 1/2"extending above and below edges. Clip corners so excess paperwill lay flat against foam; glue paper to foam.
- 5. Cut paper squares to cover tops of foam cubes as follows:2-3/4" for 3" cube; 3-3/4" for each 4" cube. Glue squares to cubes.
- 6. Paint candle cups and let dry.
- 7. Gently flatten tooling metal on cutting mat. Use craftknife and metal-edge ruler to cut following "ribbon" lengthsfrom metal: ten 1/2" x 5" strips for 3" cube; ten 5/8" x 6"strips for each 4" cube.
- 8. For each cube, fold over 1/4" at one end of four metalribbon lengths. Use glue gun to glue folded ends to centerbottom of appropriate cube and then gently fold up over sideonto top, just like a package. Note: Ribbons will not meetexactly at center top, but this allows easier candle cupinsertion. Glue ribbon ends to top of package.
- 9. Gently bend four metal strips into loops and gluediagonally to center top of package. Cut a "v" into one end ofeach remaining length for tails and glue to top of package,allowing cut ends to flow downward; spot glue to secure.
- 10. Use craft knife to cut an "X" into center top of cube.Glue and push candle cup down into top of cube. Glue bead trimto package top as desired.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Paper-It VasePretty-as-a-Package TopiaryGlitzy Package Wreath
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog