Vintage Paper Angel
Unique textural combinations make this vintage holiday icon stand out from the rest of your collection. A foam cone serves as the perfect base for creative embellishment.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Vintage angel image
- Scrapbook paper, 12" x 12" sheets, one each:
- glittered floral; solid pale pink
- Feathered angel wings, one pair
- Narrow lace trim, 1 yd.
- Pearl beads, 4mm, 10
- Flat-backed crystal gem
- Clear, dimensional gloss medium
- Ultra-fine iridescent glitter
- 1. Cut out angel image; remove wings, if necessary. Cut 1"-long slit oneach side of angel's sleeves.
- 2. Apply thin line of gloss medium across angel's head (for halo)and along sleeve openings. Sprinkle medium with glitter;set aside to dry completely.
- 3. Cut skirt pattern from floral paper; trim bottom edge withscallop-edge scissors. Trace tip of cone onto remaining floralpaper; cut out and set aside. Wrap skirt around foam cone; pintemporarily to secure.
- 4. Apply glue to bottom back of angel and adhere to top ofcone, tucking angel behind top edge of skirt. Remove pin andglue skirt around cone, overlapping edges at back. Glue floralcircle to tip of cone.
- 5. Punch border strip from pink paper; trim to 3/4" x 5-1/2".Wrap and glue strip around angel right below waist,overlapping edges at back. Glue gem to front of waist.
- 6. Use heart-edge scissors to cut three 3/4" x 12" strips frompink paper; piece strips together to create two 15"-longstrips. Wrap and glue strips around bottom of skirt as shown,overlapping edges at back.
- 7. Wrap and glue lace around bottom of skirt just above heartstrips. Glue pearl beads to upper lace band.
- 8. Glue and insert wings into back of skirt behind angel'sbody. Lightly sprinkle entire angel with glitter.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Snow Angel TrioPatina Angel TopiaryFolk Art Angel
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog