Stamped Stars Copper Vase
This 'tooled' copper vase requires no metal working tools - simply wrap a flexible copper sheet around a block of STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam. Make it year-round by stamping different images and selecting alternative flowers.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Blocks, 8" x 4" x 2", two
- Lightweight copper metal sheet
- Copper wire, 16-gauge, one spool
- Rusty tin mini star ornaments, 1-1/2", five
- Open star rubber stamps: 2"; 1"
- Black solvent ink pad
- Red crystal berry stems, six
- Greenery stems: pine, six; evergreen and cedar, two; mini fern, three
- Green reindeer moss, one large bag
- Floral pins
- 1. Use glue gun to glue foam blocks together, creating one 8"x 4" x 4" vase.
- 2. Cut one 6" x 8" rectangle from copper sheet. Center andwrap metal around front of vase, folding excess around sides.Use glue gun to secure metal to foam; let dry.
- 3. Use glue gun to secure reindeer moss to all exposed foam,completely covering surface.
- 4. Stamp black stars randomly onto metal as shown. Smudge somestars for artistic effect if desired; set ink with heat gun.
- 5. Use glue gun to adhere small bits of moss to backs of starornaments; glue ornaments to vase as shown.
- 6. Cut two 26" lengths from copper wire. Shape wires into twouneven handles; glue handle ends into sides of vase, through metal.
- 7. Use floral shears to trim pine stems; insert stems into topof foam to form fan shape, allowing ends to drape downward.
- 8. Trim five berry stems and insert into center top of foam;allow two stems to drape downward.
- 9. Wrap remaining berry stem around one mini fern stem andinsert stems into front right side of foam, allowing stems todrape downward as shown.
- 10. Trim remaining greenery stems. Insert ferns at top left offoam; insert remaining stems into front center of foam. Adjustmaterials as needed to create balance.
- 11. If desired, remove berries and greenery and apply hot glueto ends before reinserting them into foam.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Paper-It VaseBoldly Blooming CenterpieceRed Amaryllis Topiary
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog